Monday, February 1, 2010

something I've never done before: visit the George Bush Library

So one of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to do something once a month I've never done before. This past week I was panicking because I hadn't done anything or come up with what I was going to do. But one day I was walking to class and passed the George Bush Library and realized I had never been there before. So Saturday Julie and I decided to go so that I could do something I've never done before. We only allotted ourselves an hour and a half, which apparently isn't long enough because it's huge. It was definitely very interesting. George Bush has had a very exciting life. Here are some pictures.

A portrait of George H.W. Bush

There is an exhibit at the library about Thomas Jefferson and wine. It was very interesting and I learned a lot of interesting/random facts.

I took a lot of pictures of quotes.

his signature

View from the outside. I get to see this everyday on my way to class :)

So that was it! Like I said it was very interesting and big. I didn't even really make it to when he was president (he's had done quite a few things before then such as being the CIA director and Ambassador to the UN) so I'll have to go back to see the rest.

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny you have not been there. Chris & I are supposed to have a pictures made there next week and I'm thinking we're going to have to tour as well :)

    ReplyDelete