Saturday, February 20, 2010

delicious hamburgers :)

Two cooking blogs in the same day! I've been kind of a slacker with cooking the past two weeks from being pretty busy (or at least real cooking that doesn't include baked goods), so I've been eating out a lot. But now that things have slowed down a bit (i.e. no more marathon training...) I'm back in the kitchen. While we were in Austin, we ate at a place called Elevation Burger, and all this week I was craving their hamburgers. Unfortunately they're only located in Austin (and soon to be Dallas), so I had to make some hamburgers myself. This was my first attempt at making my own hamburgers, and as Chelsea put it, "once again dominating in the kitchen."

1 lb of hamburger meat
1 egg
a package of ranch dressing mix
seasoned salt
garlic powder

First I put the hamburger meat in a bowl and mixed the egg in with it. We did this with the meat for the baozi and it turned out really well so I figured I would do the same thing with the hamburgers. Then I added about half of the ranch package and the other seasonings and cooked it in a pan (unfortunately I don't know how to use a grill). On my hamburger I put some chipolte mustard that I bought at HEB and it definitely added a little kick to it and was really good. I'm not a huge fan of mustard, and by that I actually mean I kind of hate it, but this didn't have that overwhelming mustard flavor so it was good.

Again, no pictures due to my missing camera/memory card :( but hamburgers aren't too different from each other so you're really not missing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment