Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Creamy Garlic Shimp Alfredo

I'm definitely behind on a lot of blogging. So many things happened and then I was sick and all I did was lay around and watch tv/sleep and nothing else. But before I got sick I tried out a new recipe and it was really good. I like fettuccine a lot and shrimp so this recipe worked out really well. And it made way more than enough for 4. I forgot pictures, but maybe I'll take one the next time I eat some of the leftovers.

13 oz. fresh fettuccine (great idea, but I just used a bag from HEB)
1 tbsp evoo
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
13. oz tomatoes, seeded and chopped (I just used a can of diced tomatoes and drained it)
1/4 cup white wine
1 & 1/4 cups whipping cream
2 lbs. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails intact (I just used 1 lb because 2 seemed like a lot and shrimp isn't cheap)
1/4 cup loosely packed roughly chopped fresh basil (I was feeling lazy at the grocery store and decided that I would just use Italian seasoning that I already had at home, so I just added that in with the onions and stuff while it was cooking)

Cook the fettuccine in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, then return to the saucepan.

Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the onion and garlic, stirring for 4-5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the tomatoes and wine and cook for 3 minutes before adding the cream. Bring to a biol, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture slightly thickens. Stir in the shrimp then simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and are curled and cooked through. Toss with the pasta, gently shir in the baisil, season, and serve immediately.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment