Saturday, February 20, 2010

Carne Guisada

I love carne guisada. If a Mexican restaurant has it, I order it. The only problem is, is that there is a place in Lake Jackson that makes the best carne guisada I've ever had, and nothing has really ever measured up. I was having a craving this week, so I decided I would just try and make it myself. I have to say it was a great success. Sarah and Kristin loved it. Sarah even said it was better than Chuy's where we ate this past week in Austin (and Sarah judges how good a Mexican restaurant is based on their carne guisada, so when she said she loved it, I was quite proud). It was also super easy, because I used a crock pot, so if you need something that doesn't take a lot of effort, this is a good option. I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures but I can't seem to find my memory card, or my other camera, so I was out of luck (don't worry I'll go on a mad search tonight while I clean so hopefully I can have pictures up in future posts).

1 pot roast (I've used beef tips before, which is probably how it's usually made, but I thought I try something a little different)
1 can of carne guisada sauce from HEB (obviously I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like making the sauce myself - and for coming in a can, it was excellent)
potatoes - I used two small golden potatoes, but you can use more if you like, but I felt it was a good amount
Tony Sacharies spice
Seasoned Salt
Garlic Powder
1 Crock pot

Around 10 AM I put the roast in the crock pot and covered it in the spices. I don't have a measurement, I just added as much as I wanted. Then pour in the sauce and let it cook there all day. Around 6 I peeled and cut the potatoes and put it in the crock pot. I should have put them in earlier because they weren't as soft as I wanted, but they were still cooked when I took everything out at 7ish. Then put it in a tortilla and eat it! Like I said, easy and delicious.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. maybe you meant to call the post "carne guiSada." maybe...i could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete