Saturday, January 16, 2010

“This trip is all about having fun…”

I have spent the last couple of days in Dallas for a leadership retreat for the student leaders at my church. It was such a great couple of days filled with a lot of learning and fun :) Here are some key points of the last 3 days.

1. George Jacobus is a crazy driver.

2. Afshin Ziafat is awesome. He has such a great testimony of how God has saved him and is an excellent teacher. I have left this retreat feeling very encouraged.

3. Aubrey Malphurs is a guru on leadership and I’m glad all of the notes are online because I couldn’t keep up.

4. We got to go on a private tour of the Dallas Cowboys stadium. You could place the Statue of Liberty on the star on the 50 yard line, close the roof of the stadium, and she would fit inside.

5. I love the people I serve with (I already knew this but still wanted to mention it). I have such great friends who I know I can depend on for prayer, laughter and tears when needed.

6. I have a new Logos partner and he and I did a great job telling the other leaders where babies come from and why God created men before women.

7. Shane and Shane are awesome! (again already knew this). I love how their concerts are not really concerts at all but a time of worship. They have such a gift and I am thankful for their passion for the Lord.

8. Great Wolf Lodge is super intense. This is not just a hotel. It has a spa, arcade as well as an indoor water park. Unfortunately they also had really hard pillows which gave me a major crick in my neck :(

9. I really missed Liz Kilpatrick. She gives the best hugs and a whole month without her was very sad.

10. Julie and my new life goal is to become Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders :)

No comments:

Post a Comment