Friday, June 11, 2010

Overseas Must-Haves

So Julie did this, and I figured I would copy her. As I'm preparing to move overseas, I'm been making lists and buying everything that I will need this next year. Here are a few of the things I'll be taking with me:


Chacos


I finally did it and joined the Christian movement of buying Chacos. I got them in the mail 2 days ago, and tested them out yesterday, and so far so good. I think they'll be much better than the flip-flops I've used in the past. We have to walk a lot (no car to drive around everywhere) and these will definitely give me more support than my old navy flip flops.

Cheerios


My favorite breakfast item. Some time yogurt and croissants from Eanins just don't cut it.

The Office on DVD


For whenever I need a fix...

Flip Video Camera


I haven't gotten a chance to test it out yet, but I've heard good things. I'm excited to be able to capture all of my overseas adventures

My French Press


The only way to get good coffee (feel free to send some care packages with some coffee in them :) )

Travel Hammock


Two years ago I invested in a hammock and loved it! It's just so relaxing and I love to lay out in it and read/drink some coffee. Unfortunately I wasn't going to be able to take it with me because it's too bulky, but luckily my friend bought me a travel size one so I'll still be able to sit out and enjoy my books and coffee :)

So that's several of the essential things I'm taking with me. If you have any suggestions please let me know! (but remember I only have 2 suitcases to take with me...)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are taking your french press. heh heh

    ReplyDelete