Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Moving On: A reflection on the past 4 years

Last month I graduated college from Texas A&M. The last 4 years of my life were spent there, and I am not the same person I was when I left High School because of my experiences and friends. While I am excited to be moving on to the next phase of my life, it's always fun to reminisce and remember the memories that were created during my time spent in College Station. Here is a look into my life the last four years:

Freshman Year:

Went to every Aggie Football Game (and basketball and soccer and baseball...). I was no 2%er that year.


Got involved in Upstream (which changed my life)


Became a counselor for Impact


Turned 19 :)


Sophomore Year:

Went to Impact, had some great girls in my group, learned a lot, and had a great time with friends :)


Became an Upstream leader (and met the best friends I've ever had)


Went to China for the 1st time (another life changing experience!)


Turned 20 (complete with pinata)


Went to China again


Junior Year:

Celebrated E-Walk and took a picture with an elephant


Lived with some of the best roommates ever (well, maybe with the exception of Chelsea...lol. Only joking I promise =] )


Celebrated my best friend's 22nd birthday (the age I am now...weird)


Went to a Celine Dion concert. Life goal accomplished!


Got my Aggie Ring!!!!!!!!!!!! (12 exclamation points, because I'm an Aggie)


Turned 21


Went to China a 3rd time


Senior Year (a very busy one I might add...):

Dyed my hair for the 1st time ever (and discovered Martini Street - a great place to dance)


Went to my last football games as a student.


Brushed up on my Chinese food making skills.


Spiced up peoples' lives for Halloween (and added another awesome roommate to the house)


Celebrated Elephant Walk


Went to Las Vegas with the Fam over the Christmas Break.


Toured the Dallas Cowboy Stadium.


My roommate got a dog and it snowed!


Ran a marathon.


Went to Mexico.


Met some great new people.


Turned 22.


Graduated from college.


Then I packed up the house I lived in for the last 2 years and moved back home for a month to prepare to move overseas for a year. Change is tough, but I'm excited about what's coming next. The Lord has blessed me immensely through the past 4 years, and I'm excited to see what this next year has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment