Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Bucket List

When I went to Mexico, somehow we all got inspired to write out a bucket list. I don't know if it was fear of impending death on those Mexican streets (from the driving I mean not the drug gangs...) but somehow it started with a few people

...and spread to a few more people...

and then we all got together to read aloud the list we had come up with and were almost backed over by a van. Oh how ironic it would have been for us to all die during the time we were discussing all the things we wanted to do before we died. Luckily, however, we all made it out alive and now after sharing my list with them, I will share it with you. This list is not complete (I'm sure I will continue to add to it throughout my lifetime) but here is what I came up with while riding in a loud, crowded van on a bumpy highway in Mexico.

  1. Be fluent in Chinese
  2. Be fluent in Spanish
  3. Own an international coffee shop/bakery (gotta dream big :) )
  4. Backpack through Europe
  5. Go hot air ballooning
  6. Visit the Greek Isles
  7. See penguins in South Africa
  8. Crush grapes (I Love Lucy style) at a winery
  9. Go on a cruise to Alaska
  10. Visit Monticello (I know I'm a nerd but I'm a big Thomas Jefferson fan...seriously)
  11. Do something for someone without expecting anything in return
  12. Scuba dive off the Great Barrier Reef
  13. Run a marathon (already done)
  14. Read the whole Chronicle of Narnia series
  15. Learn to make legit tamales (inspired by being in Mexico)
  16. East scorpions on a stick at Wang Fu Jin
  17. Go to a Dallas Cowboys game
  18. Go skiing in the alps
  19. Live overseas
  20. Go to the original Starbucks
  21. Roast coffee beans in Thailand and/or Cambodia
  22. Learn ancient Greek
  23. Learn to play the guitar
  24. Learn to play the violin
  25. Learn to play the cello
  26. Adopt a child
  27. Ride a camel
  28. Ride the Orient Express (if you're an Agatha Christie fan you know what I'm talking about)
  29. Learn curling (or in the words of Michael Scott...curdling)
  30. Get a Master's degree
  31. Learn to Tango
  32. Visit the Harry Potter theme park (I know, I know...don't judge me)
  33. Eat gelato in Italy
  34. Go on a Lord of the Rings tour of New Zealand
  35. Finish my bucket list (in other words, more to come another day)...

1 comment:

  1. This is a great bucket list! You have re-inspired me to keep up with mine! I totally want to do a LOT of these thing. Good thing we get to spend next year together, maybe we can knock some of these out...

    ReplyDelete